City Hall Plaza Renovation
Starting April 3, 2017, the main plaza on the west side of Boise City Hall will undergo an extensive renovation to repair structural issues. These structural issues include replacing a water-proof membrane underneath the plaza to prevent water leaking into city hall’s underground parking garage. As part of this repair work, a long-overdue upgrade of the entire plaza was approved by Mayor David Bieter and City Council in support of the city’s larger effort to create more inviting public spaces and urban parks throughout downtown Boise.
Once completed the new City Hall plaza will promote community gathering and easier daily use. It will feature:
- An elevated event plaza and seating steps
- A civic lawn
- An interactive water feature
- Integrated lighting and a grove of trees
- A public art sculpture
- 100% stormwater infiltration - achieved through the combination of permeable pavement and modular suspended pavement systems
Total Project Timeline: April 3 – December 15
(All dates are subject to change and based on information available at this time). We appreciate your patience throughout this process.
Phase 1: April 3 – Sept 1
CAPITAL BOULEVARD ENTRANCE CLOSED.
All visitors will be redirected to Main Street or Idaho Street entrances.
- Pedestrians will be directed to use the west side of Capitol Boulevard (in front of the Egyptian Theatre).
- 10 on-street parking spots will be impacted through project completion. Taxi stands will be relocated to 6th Street.
- Vendors doing business on Capital Boulevard will not be able to use this location during this time.
Phase 2: Sept 1 – Nov 15
MAIN STREET ENTRANCE CLOSED.
All visitors will be redirected to Capitol Boulevard or Idaho Street entrances
Phase 3A & B: May – June
IDAHO STREET SIDEWALK RENOVATION
Idaho Street entrance to remain open.