Flood Information Resources
- For emergencies, call 911.
- To report flooding from the river or foothills gulches, call Boise Public Works at
384-3900 (business hours) or 384-4262 (evenings and weekends).
- To report flooding in the roadways, call Ada County Highway District at 387-6100
(business hours) or Ada County Dispatch at 377-6790 (evenings and weekends).
- For information on how to prepare for a flood, call Ada City-County Emergency
Management at 577-4750 or visit their web site at www.accem.org/floodprep.html
ACCEM also has excellent links to information on flood safety, risks, etc.
- To obtain flood insurance, contact your insurance provider.
- For current weather information, visit the National Weather Service web site at
- During times of higher risk, additional information will be available at the
City of Boise website.
Sandbag and Sand Suppliers
Residents and businesses are responsible for protecting their own property. The following
resources are provided to those who wish to to purchase sandbags and sand for their own use. This is not a comprehensive list. The suppliers listed are not endorsed by the city of Boise or any other agency.
Specialty Construction Supply, Boise, ID (208) 322-6800
Sand/ Flood Barriers
- Sand can be obtained from local sources. Look in the Yellow Pages under "Sand and Gravel".
- Flood barriers are available online. Search for "flood barrier" or "flood protection" . For examples of products available, see http://www.waterstructures.com/