Development Permits or Requirements

The Boise Public Works Department has certain requirements based on the type of development:

Commercial, Industrial, Residential, or Subdivision Development

Street Lights

Sewer Design

For more information, call Sewer Design at 608-7177.

Tenant Improvement

If you are an industrial or commercial business that discharges or plans to discharge wastewater to the Boise City sewer system, call Boise Pretreatment Program at 208-608-7523.


To schedule an inspection for any of the following, contact Inspections at 208-608-7549.

  • Sewer Tap
  • Sewer Plug
  • Sanitary Sewer (new construction within public right-of-way)
  • Commercial Drainage
  • Street Light Installation
  • Pressure Irrigation System installation and testing