All addresses within Boise City limits and the Boise area of impact are assigned by the city according to a grid system and addressing policy. When possible, all property parcels are assigned an address based on the street upon which the property fronts. Records of addresses previously assigned along with addresses of vacant property are maintained on an official address map.
Boise City charges a fee of $10.00 for issuing new addresses within city limits and within the city's area of impact.
Address fees are collected for each new address as follows:
- New subdivision lots within city limits and impact area are $10.00* for each lot and new address
- Residential lot splits within city limits and impact area are $10.00* for each new address assigned and/or each new address change resulting from the new development
- Commercial Development and Tenant Improvements within city limits and impact area are $10.00* for each address new assigned and/or each new address change resulting from the new development
- Each new address change resulting from Customer requests for personal reasons are $10.00* each.
*Note: Fee amount is based on the current City Planning Division Fee Schedule and may be changed by Council action.
Address fees WILL NOT be charged for:
- Changes to an existing address required to conform to the grid system, if initiated by City of Boise.
- Existing undivided parcels without an address will be assigned one address without a fee but additional split parcels or multiple addresses will be charged.